Pastor Gloria is leading the church to digital connections. Visit this post weekly to view updates!
Send Pastor Gloria:
- December birthday celebration photos and videos
- Calling all children who want to create a Christmas Story Video. Requirement: you must be able to read or memorize some lines. Contact Pastor Gloria.
Christmas Joy Offering
When we give to the Christmas Joy Offering we share our love with the leader of our Church – past, present and future. There are special envelopes for the Christmast Joy Offering in the office or you can indicate in you zelle, cashapp or check that you’d like to contribute towards the Joy Offering.
Sunday Services are live-streamed on YouTube Live & Church Channel – (search for Hope Presbyterian Church, Bowie, MD & Subscribe to this channel): Sundays @ 10:30am for worship service. Alternatively, view the live-stream service on Facebook: Hope Presbyterian Church. Email Pastor Gloria to be added to this private Facebook group. The sermon is also extracted and added to this website.
Pastor Gloria’s Zoom Check In & Bible Reading: Takes place after the live-stream service (~11:30 am). See bulletin email for links.
Sunday School begins at 12:30 via ZOOM. See WhatApp for links.
Covid-19 & Opening Up the Church:
Live In person services will resume Sunday, December 6 at 10:30 AM. Masks and social distancing will be required. YOU MUST SIGN UP TO ATTEND A SUNDAY SERVICE IN PERSON; ONLY 30 FOLKS CAN BE ACCOMMODATED. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP. Streaming services will continue Sundays at 10:30 AM.
Other Worship Opportunities
Facebook Live Stream – Monday-Friday @ 9:00pm for 11 minutes of prayers.
Advent Bible Study: Mary, Mother of Jesus: Join Pastor Dottie Lapenta on December 1, 8, 15, & 22 — 9am-10am via ZOOM. Explore the glimpses of Mary in Matthew, Luke and John. See bulletin for information on joining the Bible Study
Zoom Meetings throughout this week of November 29: Contact Pastor Gloria for the Zoom link.
- Monday @ 1:00 pm Prayer Shawl Zoom
- Collington Faith Forum @ 3 PM We are studying “Prophetic Lament: A Call for Justice in Troubled Times” by Soong-Chan Rah
- 1st Thursday @ 9:00am Breakfast Bible Study We are studying “The Language of God” by Francis Collins.
- Friday @ 7:00 pm CWF
If you never took a new members class but are interested, please contact Pastor Gloria to set up a time so that you can officially join our church as a new member.
Ongoing Mission Opportunities
Help By Phone is a Federally funded food pantry operated by volunteers like you. Let your neighbors know that they can call 301-699-9009 and receive pantry items from this program. They will be directed to one of the participating churches depending on their address.
Due to the pandemic, many undocumented residents of our county are unable to feed their families. Your generous donations enabled the church to purchase food for these families. So thank you for your generous financial contributions, donations and volunteer hours.
Food Pantry – Week of November 29
- Tuesday: Gloria YI
- Wednesday: Norma Chin
- Thursday: Joseph Adetayo
- Friday: Charles Ekoko, Halle Halle, Keturah Halle
Prince George’s House Men’s Homeless Shelter: Miriam Sanders has been spearheading this mission on her own but we hope you can help. Can you cook a side dish or main dish or desert to be served to 37 men? You can decide how much you are able to cook. We serve on the Fourth Tuesday of every month, if you are able to help cook a hot meal, please contact Miriam Sanders.
New Mission Opportunity
Forming a Team of Volunteers for Food Distribution on Saturdays
- Hope Presbyterian Church is now partnering with Capital Area Food Bank.
- This partnership requires strong young muscles to lift 50 lb bags and 40 lb boxes, sort items and then distribute them.
- We have the connections, the resources, and the clients but we need a team of committed volunteers.
- Can you helps us once a month or twice a month or each week for 2 hours?
- Can your family come and help us regularly for 2 hours weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly?
- This food bank will allow us to help ANYONE in need of help.
- This food bank provides fresh and seasonal produce for our clients.
- Please call Norma Chin (240-701-2620) or Miriam Sanders (240-678-7667) if you are able to help.
Hope Masks: We have a team working on Hope Masks. If you would like to join the team, contact Miriam Sanders, Daryl Abang, Maia Anye, Concilia Takwe, or Esther Zamngang.